Friday, August 12, 2011

Lethbridge

We're arrived safely in Lethbridge. Yay! The motor closet made it with no problems and we had a great visit with our friends the Steward Family in Calgary before we left. Jordan and I took the van and went by the paintball supply store to get a tiny little part he needed for his gun and picked up some more paintballs while they were on sale then we caught up with the others in the motorhome just south of Okotoks. We didn't stop in Claresholm at the 7-11 as is tradition (sorry Serenity) but we did snap a picture while driving past. It's a lovely shot of a blurry 7-11 and Jordan sleeping with his mouth open :)

We're having fun catching up with Grandma and Grandpa who haven't seen the kids for a while. Today we will get that canvas on the motorhome so that people can sleep up there while on the road and we'll make sure everything else is ready for the push East. From here it's 5000km of driving into the unknown. I'm a little nervous, I'll admit. But I have Steve and so that's a great comfort. For the next few days of driving it's flat open prairie and then trees and lakes of the Canadian Shield when we get to Ontario. Steve and I are debating skipping Toronto and it's multitude of people and cars in favour of taking Hwy 11 and the more northerly route through Ontario. Any thoughts? We are visiting Ottawa for sure though.


View Larger Map


Well, I'm going to see if I can get back to sleep. It's just breaking dawn and it's still too hot to be comfortable though Steve is happily sleeping away so maybe it's just me :)

Elizabeth

2 comments:

  1. Unless you wanted to see any sights in Toronto, I'd go Highway 11 straight through to Ottawa.

    I like driving in the prairies and looking at the crops and farms and the gorgeous flat landscapes.

    Northern Ontario is BEAUTIFUL. We're living in Nova Scotia right now and long for the day we get a chance to move back to northern Ontario.

    Make sure you stop at the Terry Fox scenic look-out just past Thunder Bay. You can look out and see the Sleeping Giant land formation and Lake Superior. It's a really moving spot.

    Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elizabeth,

    I'm very happy to have stumbled upon your blog site. I've been following your journey everyday,
    and look upon you for my inspiration.
    I, too, have been researching Nova Scotia as a
    potential new home. My family and I live in Kamloops, B.C. The Annapolis Valley seems to tick all of the boxes for us. Land prices and a more laid back lifestyle appeals to us. Having never been back east, causes some anxiety. I look forward to reading more of your encouraging words. Heck of a journey, I must say!

    Stay Well, Be Safe,
    Sincerely,

    Helga :)

    ReplyDelete